Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Die Spammer

Default Black Locust Problem

how big are these trees? it's not the trees that are the problem right?
maybe see if they will let you spray the tree(s).

trees are good. locusts would be interesting but not if they are detroying my
yard. there is some form of locust spray you could use I'm sure. Malathion?

Paul Lehmann wrote:

I have been reading the thread about the Pine tree.

I have a similiar problem. The difference is that it is a Black Locust
tree on unmaintained City property adjacent to my property. The tree is
very efficient in producing offspring which are trying to invade my yard.
The city refuses to do ANY maintenance on this adjoining property. I am
thinking of killing the tree. What is the best way? Could I drill a hole
near the base and use salt or a herbicide? Any other recommendations?

BTW. I have planted trees on the city property and I would plant another
kind of tree to take the place of the locust tree that might die of
mysterious causes.

I am using bio-terrorism on another section of unmaintained city property
adjacent to mine that has some real eyesores that the city refuses to
remove. I planted the most invasive bamboo I could find.