Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM

Default B&S starter mechanism and throttle questions

On 25 Mar 2003 18:45:33 -0800, chip wrote:
What causes the "screaming/screeching" of the starter mechanism

lube the crankshaft stub. it's the crank sticking to the inside of the
clutch.

ok, thanks.
I'll have a looksee later today.

Anybody have a fix for broken tabs, short of buying a new
cowling?

Stens corporation make
plastic pieses that lock onto the cowling that fix it

Great!
I figured there must be a simple fix *somewhere*.
Thanks :-)

whether I need one or not, I *want* a throttle

lawnmowers are designed to run at full throttle. there is never a
good reason to run a mower at anything less!!!!!

That's fine most of the time but when I come across a patch of thin
grass and dirt, I might like to slow it down to prevent kicking up a
cloud of dust. And especially if there's some gravel imbedded. Slowing
down can make the difference between saving my blade while getting the
grass cut vs slinging gravel all over the place. Frankly, I use my
throttle to slow down for other reasons as well.

Thanks for the tab tip ;-)
I'll try to find Stens on the web.

Rick