Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM

Default Shade Problems

"Peter H" wrote:
"Dj Blag" wrote in message
et...
I too have shade problems, but I really need grass in the area. Last

year's
drought is what killed it.
Does anyony know of sod that might survive under tall trees? If not,
which seed?
thanks,
chas

The sol'n to this largely depends on where you live. I'm in the Toronto
area of Canada and here we use Creeping Red Fescue in these areas. It
takes a while to fill in, but eventually does and tends to blend quite
will with a bluegrass/perennial ryegrass lawn.

BTW. I would never by my grass seed at a hardware store. You could be
introducing more problems to your lawn than you are solving.

Peter H

...And - NEVER- plant sod in the shade.

--
Go#40 42 12 God Bless Our Troops