Old 05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Matthew Harelick

Default Lawn growth, restoration, etc

Hi:

I am a new homeowner. Our Lawn is dead. There are spots of grass
and
large spots of dirt. Several things contributed to this condition.

1. When we moved in in May we just didn't have the time to think about
the
Lawn.

2. The previous owners parked their cars on the lawn.

3. We live in the Northeast and had a drought and of course water
restrictions.

I would like to restore the lawn. I personally don't care if I have a
mix of things like clovers and dandelions in the lawn, I just don't
want raw dirt.
I do want a low maintenance type of lawn, one that once its grown can
survive a drought.

How do I start fixing the situation, and when should I start? Is this
week (or next ) a good time?

Thank You

Matthew