Old 06-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Kelly Garner

Default big bloomers nursery

In article ,
Wilhelmina wrote:
Thanks for the contact info.
Big Bloomers Flower Farm hours a
8:30-5:30 M-F
8:30-5:00 Sat.
1:00-5:00 Sun.
-Willie

I just went to Big Bloomers on Saturday for the first time. Wow!! Lots of plants, well taken
care of, lots of selection and the prices were right. We didn't even see the roses or other
bushes (off the far end of the parking lot) til we were about to leave. I had to restrain
myself to a small box of plants, most of which I was able to repot on Sunday. I was heartened
to see that their basil seedlings are about the same size as mine are. :-)

After Big Bloomers, I was taking US 1 North back to Raleigh and I thought I'd try and see if I
remembered where Mich Gardens was. (Off 64 in Chatham Cty near Jordan Lake). The last time I
visited was probably 4 or 5 years ago, and a friend of mine told me they now have a separate
area for commercial sales (where the original nursery/store was). The new place did not have
as many plants of the kind I was interested in, but I did get a small eucalyptus and a
"million bells" (mini petunia) that I put into a hanging basket. Also got some lovely little
zinnias - they made me happy when I saw them, so I bought them.

If you're coming from Raleigh, Big Bloomers and Mich Gardens is a nice 1-2 kind of combination
for plants, backroad travel, and knowledgeable staff.

Cheers
KJ
--
---
"God help those who have no bowels, only consonants & vowels." - Dylan Thomas