Old 24-01-2003, 02:32 PM
Suja

Default Comments on shade perennials

Before I actually order these plants and put them in the ground, I need
a reality check from those who have actual experience with them. I am
putting in a shade bed in front of the house (North facing, with morning
sun in the summer), and this is my short list of the plants I'm planning
on getting. The soil is clay (but amended), zone 6b/7a, Northern VA.
If I have left out anything that is a MUST HAVE for a shade garden (no
hostas please, deer problem; much as I'd love to have Brunnera 'Jack
Frost', I can't afford it right now), please let me know.

Short
Epimedium Sulphureum
Heuchera 'Persian Carpet'
Dicentra Exima 'Snowdrift'