Old 06-05-2003, 02:21 AM
Linda

Default A veritable riot of color

Shiva

Beautiful Rose....it looks similar to the rose I am looking for...the
yellow/apricot in the center and the darker outpetals (they were red in my
rose) and then the middle is pink....still can't figure out what that rose
is......but it is probably 30 yrs. old and out of circulation.

What perturbs me is when I see a gorgeous rose and get out of the car to
"snoop" and check the name and there isn't any tags!!!! My girlfriend had a
beautiful rose I asked about and no tags and she didn't have any idea what
it was.........and with so many roses being similar, it is very hard to
pinpoint the "real" name.

But your Desert Rose is beautiful...I have similar ones , like Brigadoon,
that are colorful and I really like them. Thanks for sharing.

My brother just gave me a digital camera....do you have to have a web page
to display your pics or can you attach one with a post? I am now awaiting
the instruction booklet (that he is looking for) so then I can take jpeg
pics and share. I love my roses--lots of young plants this year so I am
awaiting blooms....Linda

"dave weil" wrote in message
On 04 May 2003 21:51:18 GMT, Daniel Hanna
wrote:

In aHlwYXRpYQ==.69310ca6dba4549ed9b8c26725442f1f@105 2074618.cotse.net
Shiva wrote:
Here's one for all of you wild color lovers - this is the first bloom
of the season from Desert Peace:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/DesertPeace.jpg

Beautiful bloom, but how does this differ from Chicago Peace?

By the name on the tag g.

Seriously, the biggest differences, judging by the photos that I've
seen of Chicago Peace, are the far more vivid colors and lots more
yellow in the middle.

Desert Peace also has a lot of orange in its early days; I don't know
about Chicago Peace.