Old 06-05-2003, 02:21 AM
J. Del Col

Default Thorny sugestions

"Sheepkeeper" wrote in message . ..
We are looking for the thorniest climber possible to discourage skateboard
toting teenagers from jumping our fence and taking a shortcut to the arcade.
Any suggestions for the central California coast? You can see us at
www.springlakespark.com

Try Seafoam--lots of sturdy,absolutely vicious thorns, vigorous
growth, abundant,sweet scented flowers. It isn't a climber, but it
gets big enough.

Unless they are wearing full body armor, the skateboarders won't mess
with
Seafoam more than once.

I grow rugosas, some of the thorniest roses around, but they are no
match for Seafoam in terms of sheer painful nastiness.

J. Del Col