Old 06-05-2003, 02:22 AM
John Rutz

Default New Koi - has anyone seen them?

Lee Brouillet wrote:
I know John, but it's been a MONTH! My "guys" are a friendly sort, they come
out and greet new fish, escort them around the pond and show them the hidey
holes and everything - the whole guided tour. These little ones just went
"poof"! I feed in the same corner every time (although I'd probably hide
from the feeding frenzy, too!) They're hiding in the plastic plants or in
the block holes or somewhere. They're jet black, and against the liner, you
just don't see them. I guess when they get around 10" or so I'll finally
notice them. Funny, they were tame enough during the Q period . . . How are
your new kids doin'? Do you have a plant or something you can put in there
for them to hide in? In the aquarium, I put a lot of floaty "plants" for
them . . . the real plants gave up the ghost during the salt treatments . .
.

Lee

they are going great they dont come up to eat but they are eating (i
can see the results ;-) ) im goin to try to grow em out some before
putting them in the " lake " i've got a couple that are a real prety
dark grreeenish so dont expect to see much of them again :-) sorta like
your black ones Im puting algae in the tank for em between feedings

I want to try to get another inch or so on em so they arent so much
the Little guys, probly another 6 weeks in the Q tank then when they hit
th pond they sould grow out real well with all the algae to munch on all
day
I promis I will get pics of them here soon

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com