Old 06-05-2003, 02:23 AM
Tumbleweed

Default How do I grow a tree from a branch?

"MC Emily" wrote in message
Hi

I have a Cherry tree with a branch (about 12" long) below the graft. If I
cut it off, how do I get it to grow into a tree? Does it need rooting
hormone or something? Do I do it indoors or outdoors? Is it the wrong

time
of year? I'm not sure what to do with it but I hate letting things die

and
have plenty of room for new trees, so I'd like to grow it on. Any advice
would be most welcome. Thanks.

Jaqy

Dont. It will be rootstock so it wont be the same as your cherry , and not
very good either (why graft something else on top of it otherwise?!) Would
you spend time growing a weed when you could have a good plant instead?

You cannot grow everything, just look at the seeds even one plant will
produce, the idea is to be selective and grow stuff that is worthwhile.
If you want a new cherry tree buy something good rather than just try and
fill the space available.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)