Old 06-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Robert R. Snake

Default Ciscoe

What an interesting thread...

I know it's about Ciscoe, but this caught my eye:

...The nursery was founded in the 1950s & he's run it for about
one-fifth of its life (I don't believe it will survive him). He's
apparently too happily stoned for new knowledge to sink in, but in his
bumbling way he tries, & I'm not making fun of him.

Is this by any chance Sky Nursery? I hope not; much as I'd love to meet
a friendly pothead gardener (being one such myself, sometimes), I'd hate
to think it's in danger of closing.

The other stories are fascinating examples of the wide range of people
who end up in the plant business. Good reading.
Live from
Number 54
The house
with the