Old 06-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Duncan Langford

Default Fig tree - further advice appreciated!

A while back, I asked here for help with my fig tree, which, while pretty
good at producing leaves, wasn't too hot at making figs.

The concensus then seemed to be that I needed to water the fig tree
regularly, and feed it with liquid tomato fertilizer...

Well, I've taken this to heart, and have bought a bottle of the fertilizer
(one capfull per watering can) and have been watering my tree, and feeding
it, religiously...

But

But I'm not at all sure how often I should add the fertilizer to my
watering can; I obviously don't want to underfeed - I /would/ like at least
one fig - but I can remember some people telling me I didn't actually need
to feed the tree at all; while information on the fertilizer bottle itself,
while helpful on the feeding of tomatoes, understandably doesn't mention
fig trees in pots...

Can anyone help - please?!

In hope

- duncan