Old 06-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Default What is 'Entra.' an abbreviation of?

A bit more digging shows:

Ernestara Fire Storm = Phalandopsis Arizona Star (Phal amabilis x Vandopsis
gigantea) x Renanthera monachica.

They are apparently substantial flowers, basically varying degrees of yellow
with red spots, some fading to more of an orange background.

Ken Peterson ought to be yellow, so I'm guessing that these will be in the
yellow-orange range as well.

Incidentally, I have added a list of all currently recognized orchid genera,
with their abbreviations and makeup to the Free Info pages at our website.
It's a long list, so be patient while it loads!

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote in message
Ernestara = Phalaenopsis x Renanthera x Vandopsis

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com
Secure Online Ordering & Lots of Free Info!

"Dave Lockwood" wrote in message
Al has this listed on his website
http://www.orchidexchange.com/catalog.htm#Flasks (Entra. Fire Storm
'Leesburg') crossed with a Phal! I'm thinking it's an intergeneric but

have
no clue. Al is a very knowledgeable fellow so I'm sure it's the real

deal,
I've never come across it. Anyone have an idea where I can find it?

(Al's
running a business and I hate to bug him with this sort of thing) - Dave