Old 06-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Fig tree - further advice appreciated!

In article ,
(Duncan Langford) writes:
| A while back, I asked here for help with my fig tree, which, while pretty
| good at producing leaves, wasn't too hot at making figs.
|
| The concensus then seemed to be that I needed to water the fig tree
| regularly, and feed it with liquid tomato fertilizer...
|
| Well, I've taken this to heart, and have bought a bottle of the fertilizer
| (one capfull per watering can) and have been watering my tree, and feeding
| it, religiously...

Eh?

Tomato fertiliser is not a bad choice, but you need to stay WELL
away from giving it more nitrogen. Figs tend to behave as you
say in soil that is too rich and well-watered.

Generally, the advice for too much leaf and no figs is NOT to feed
it, and water it only in severe droughts (and I do mean severe).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.