Old 06-05-2003, 02:44 PM
jane

Default Water Butt Repair?

On Tue, 06 May 2003 12:57:41 GMT, (Reg Q) wrote:

~Thanks to all who responded - some useful ideas there.
~
~Unfortunately I tried and failed to repair the leak. The split was
~bigger than I thought and because the bottom of the butt isn't flat
~where the split is (it has some indentations, presumably to strengthen
~it) it was difficult to stick tape on it, etc.
~
~It looks as if I'll have to replace it
~
~Any suggestions as to what I can do with the old one - maybe make it
~into a compost bin or something? Seems a shame to dump it.

Fill it with a mixture of compost and manure and grow a couple of
squash or marrows in it. I'm doing that with an old rusty dustbin...
Or second-cropping potatoes for Christmas.

--
jane

Mark Twain

Please remove nospam from replies, thanks!