Old 06-05-2003, 03:08 PM
ande

Default Toad question

Wait until you see those baby toads! They are the cutest! We went to a big
pond in the woods last year to listen to frog calls and on the path to the
pond were hundreds of baby toads. They were the size of a pencil eraser!
You would never have seen them except for the movement when they all
scattered. Then I made real sure where I was walking from then on. I hope
I get lots of toad eggs this year. I'm just waiting for the night temps to
go up a bit and the toad carnivals should begin! Good luck with your
babies!

"jammer" j@mmer wrote in message
On 04 May 2003 20:03:33 GMT, ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

jammer wrote About a million eggs

Congrats on your soon to be million bouncing
baby toads ;-)

My folks lived in Baton Rouge for three years
and you all have serious weather down there!

k30a

Oh man......I set up a 20 gallon aquarium with pond water and
vegetation. I just put a whole potted plant in there because the eggs
were all inside of the plant. Whe the went to scoop out water, i went
for where i found baby fish 2 days ago for mosquito control, and
instead there were another million eggs. OMG! I should have taken
those and left the ones at the surface for hungry birds, but it was
too late.

A million bouncing baby toads...what have i done??? HAHAHA

When/if the aquarium eggs hatch, i am looking for a kiddie pool to set
up out back with boards or something for them to escape on....

I have never seen a toad less than 2-3 inches wide, never seen the
eggs, never seen a toad calling, never seen the piggy back
rides...this is fun.