Old 06-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Madd Hatter

Default What type of small to medium catfish could I breed in a pond?

I wonder if I dug a pondin my front yard, if I could train one of those guys
to eat the door to door gas company guys that badger me mercilessly?
"ande" wrote in message
I live in central North Carolina (southern red-neck heaven). We have a
large dam in our main river. A few years back that dam was suffering from
some damage under water and the county hired a team of divers to go in and
repair it. This all had to be done under water because opening the dam
would flood residential areas. Anyway, those divers reported catfish
sightings that they compared in size with VW Beetles. Needless to say, I
don't swim in the river.

"BenignVanilla" m wrote

in
message ...
"Madd Hatter" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
My thoughts exactly.... Those look big enough that a little twist in
evolution coulda had them keeping US in ornamental islands in their

rivers
and lakes! (Wiggle your tail close to the land son, lets see if the

stupid
humans come out and grab you!)

My first thought was that the photo was faked...are there really cat's

that
big? How do these guys muscle them? The fish must be strong as hell.

BV.