Old 06-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Susan K. Wehe

Default Mulch against home?

I lost two cats and had to have our rat terrier treated for arsenic
poisoning after we put out rat bait (in a safe location). In the dog's
case there was a partially eaten rat nearby. We retrieved the bait and
have never used it again. BTW, that inexpensive bait cost us about $700
in vet bills.

susan, who now has more cats, a recovered rat terrier and absolute
knowledge of second hand poisoning...

BiG Orange wrote:

Over 15 years and have yet to see that scenario take
place when a dog is said to get the bait itself, much
less eat on a rat that died from a rat bait.

It really doesn't matter if you've seen it or not, now does it? 15 years
experience of what, observing animals around rats? Are you a poisoning rat
around dogs expert or something? Anyway, it happens fairly often so if you
do have animals around rats that area being poisoned, be careful. Should be
a no brainier, for most of us anyway.