Old 06-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Adam Schwartz

Default indoor garden advice needed

"Dave Calhoun" wrote in message
What I'd like is:

1. a small indoor garden, perhaps on one of those wheeled shelves in the
garden department.
2. lot's of flowers that perhaps I could rotate to my kitchen table and
back.

Many garden centers will have an area in their greenhouse for houseplants.
These are usually tropical plants which have evolved to grow in the shady
underbrush of the tropical jungle or rainforest. Unless you live in Arizona
or Spain, there will probably never be enough light in your home (even by
the windows) for full sun plants (not to mention many window glasses filter
out UV light). I recomend visiting the nursery and asking about their
houseplant selection, then just pick out whaever looks nice to you.

Good luck,
Adam