Old 06-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Steve Lipson

Default Fronds turning brown! Cyathea cooperi (Australian Tree Fern)

I live in Southern California. I planted a Cyathea cooperi
(Australian Tree Fern) a few weeks ago and shortly afterwards many of
the fronds turned brown! It seemed only the ones that were getting
wet from the watering system so I arranged it so they did not get wet.
Does this sound likely to anyone? It seems strange that a plant from
a rain forest would need dry fronds! Should I cut off the brown
fronds or leave them alone? Thanks for any help!