Old 06-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Advice please

In message , foreverArsenal
writes

": In message , foreverArsenal
: writes
: Hi
: Wonder if anyone can help.
:
: I've grown from seed several varieties of tomatoes and potted on into 3
inch
: pots some weeks back,:

Many thanks for your advice,I will re-pot them into their final resting
place and let them have their
wicked way ;-).

I was just concerned that the first truss had not set and they seemed lanky
despite being
in good light,

Reread your OP after checking our toms this afternoon, and noticed you
said 3 inch pots. They certainly do seem to be a bit tall for that size
pot, quite a few of ours are getting on for a foot high maybe, but are
in larger pots - probably 5 inch, not sure.

If they are in 3 inch pots and a bit lanky then it sounds like maybe
they were bit close together.

How wil you grow them on? We grow ours in largish pots, and when they
are potted on we usually pot them up with part of the stem covered with
compost, esp if they are a bit lanky, the toms are quite happy, and soon
root from the stems.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: