Old 07-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Larry McDonald

Default Need Pump Recommendation

Hi,

I had bookmarked a good web site, but it's long gone, apparently.

That's kind of a lot of water for the pond industry pumps (about 58 gallons
per minute) at not much head. You may want to look for two pond pumps to do
that. When they get that large, you will find that they've become industrial /
sump / fountain pumps.

Avoid sump pumps, as they are usually designed for intermittent duty and
don't last long in ponds.

Oase has a 1/2hp pump that gets there, but at 25' head and it's got some
brass in it's construction, not great if you have fish. Two Oase Nautilus 60
pumps hits your spec exactly.

Beckett has a pump (PS3900A) that nearly matches your spec.

Larry

matt wrote:

Hello: I've estimated that I need a pump that pushes 3500 gallons/hr at 7'
head. Is there a good website to compare different pumps and their
capabilities? There seem to be so many varieties of pumps I've had a hard
time finding what models are available that can do this. Also, could someone
explain how i go about deciding if i need a 1/8HP vs 1/4HP etc?

Of course if anyone wants to recommend a specific pump model that would be
helpful too.

Thanks for any help you can provide.