Old 07-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Bob H

Default Pumps

I have read 50 gph per inch so 48' sounds a lot like 2400 would be enough, I
am running a 5000 gph pump through a 22' biofalls then into 2 waterfalls, it
has a nice flow...the pump has a 1 1/2 outlet then 24' through 2" hose &
into the filter, the total rise from the bottom of the pond to the inlet is
about 7 ft.
http://groups.msn.com/TheOldGardenPo...to&PhotoID=369

"John Rutz" wrote in message

Would someone please answer my post? Would certainly appreciate it.

On Sun, 04 May 2003 11:41:33 GMT,
wrote:

Need some expert advice. I am told that to have a waterfall 4 feet
wide I will need a 5000 gph pump. I plan to have a bio filter at the
top of the fall and a skimmer across the pond from it.

Can I do this with only one pump and where would the pump be placed.

Thanks a bunch.

pixi

depends on the depth of the flow I had a 3 ft wide waterfall with my
old log veggie filters ( see pics on website) it sounded real good at
aproximatly 35 ft from the portch, i was feeding it with 2 1200 gal
trash pumps, when I went to the 2400 gal it just got deeper across the
wier and realy didnt change the sound all lthat much ( went from maybe
1/8 in to 1/4 in thick )
my drop was about 2 ft, now with the nw setup I just put in the wier is
14 in and pushin 2000 gph aprox with the same sound ( going thru 75 ft
of 2 in pipe reduced to 1 1/4 at the stock tank with a rise of 2 ft )
you dont say how high and far you are pumping the water so that would
make a difference

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico