Old 07-05-2003, 03:20 AM
Michael Shaffer

Default How big a leaf trap should I get?

Doh, hit send on accident.

I was in Sears today looking at their pipe fittings and I think I could
make a leaf strainer myself. If I do, I'll post pics here.

Michael Shaffer wrote:
Ok.. I was in Sears today and noticed I could almost build my own leaf
trap. The only part I don't know where I would get it a strainer, but

dhponder wrote:

On 5/6/03 3:06 PM, Michael Shaffer wrote:

I'm trying to pick a leaf trap from this page

http://www.aquaart.com/StrBsk.html

My pond is 3,000 gallons and I'm using a Pondmaster 3600gph pump. I
want to get the $185 one but not sure if it's overkill. Plus it's
expensive.

It all depends on how many trees and leaves that will fall/blow into the
pond, if you skim them off before they sink, have an effective skimmer
or net the pond, etc. Boils down to $$$ or physical labor. JMO