Old 07-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Michael Shaffer

Default Settling chamber plans

I guess I should add that I have a lot of trees above my pond which is
why I was making a settling chamber. I wanted to make a bottom drain but
I thought this would be easier. If I made a bottom drain would that work
better?

Michael Shaffer wrote:
I know, but won't the solids hurt the pump if I put it in the pond?

KenCo wrote:

Michael Shaffer wrote:

Hey, will this work? I plan on using a plastic drum (like they sell
chemicals in) for the chamber.

http://members.cox.net/michaelshaffer/chamber.jpg

-Mike

the VF will/can use the solids.

starting the flow and/or keeping it will be hard.

the pipe into barrel must be short so solids can actually settle and
put a 90o elbow on the pipe end to discharge sideways.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold, 401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this
contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of
electrons may have been inconvenienced.