Old 07-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Need Landscaping Advice

Requester said:
i have two green junipers at the drive way entrance.

They look very, very lonely. I should think a bed around them with
maybe some lower, mounding evergreens and other ornamentals
would make them look less isolated.

i bought
two blue spruces and a fire bush tree. im thinking about putting the
two spruces on the west side of the house to block off the other two
houses.

Don't make the mistake most people make and plant these (eventually
huge) trees somewhere they'd look good *now* -- think in 'plant time.'
(Even I can't believe the number of blue spruce trees I've seen planted
too close to this or that and then butchered on the bottom when they
get in someone's way -- or cut down before they'd even reached their
prime.)

One more suggestion:
Widen the foundation planting and move the shrubs away from the house
a bit.

(I'm feeling a bit ornery this morning... Is it obvious?)
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)