Old 07-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Theo

Default Help :A monster in my maple

Hi
This is a crazy story
I bought 10 days ago a maple in supermarket nursery either a
Saigen or a Beni shitani no tag with name, nice trunk, a lot of work to
do in time as badly cured .
2 days ago I noticed a little pile of a material looked fluffy
same color as dry akadama
I touched it looked like woodden dust ;as I clened some decayed
wood previously it did not surprise me too much but still.. .. so
I wanted to be sure I looked around the place and cleaned and waited ..

Today again same pile and it was MOVING so I tried to grab what was
inside no way ,I took a file a thin long one for goldsmith ( rat tail
is called) and chased the host inside the wood in a straight tunnel 2"
deep !!!!! ( I could not fo further with the file if it was making a
curve)
unpotted the tree and sow around a root a lot of compressed wood I
cleaned it all than took my file found another direction gallery (
upward the trunk but could not really go very deep .. I took a glass put
some copper sulphate mix with water added 1 drop of Veralin D that
kills many sleeping larvaes ( I hope this host too) and jnjected in
the hole of the trunk , pumped in and out until I sow it sprinkling
out from another hole another place.. upper in the trunk.

What in the hell is it ? and if anyone knows, what is it and how
kill it if it might be still alive?

I hope the product does not harm the tree from the inside, normally
should not on the outside as to be sprinkled before budding..
The Maple was very alive when I bought and It , the Host might have
been in there since few months to dig so deep inside the wood .

Pleeeease I need advices
thanks
Theo
--
How can You put trust in me if I do not trust in Me?
Theo