Old 07-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Helena Handbasket

Default [IBC] Wisteria tree collect now?

Hi all,
To piggy back on BobO's question on wisteria, my neighbor has a wisteria tree, about 12

feet high. She has offered it to me. When I told her my thoughts to turn it into a Bonsai,
she was a little less than overjoyed, but seeing she has not found anyone to take it as a
tree, she may allow me to take it. At present, it is just showing swelling in the buds,
the trunk is approx 5 inches or more at the soil line.

The questions a Is it still OK to try and remove it now, I'm in Zone 5b?6a, southern

NY state. The trunk goes up about 3 feet before it splits into branches, should I trunk
chop below the 3 foot height or higher?

Thanks
Jay

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++