Old 08-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Cereoid-UR12

Default Clematis - Cross Pollen

Its not a rumor, its called genetics.

Hybridizing garden plants has a long history that goes way before gardeners
understood the mechanism behind it.

If your two Clematis are hybrids and crossing them produces fertile seed,
you might get new plants grown from the seed with a range of floral colors.
The only way to find out is to try it and see what you get.

However, the flower color of the original parent plants will not change.

Alex Ng wrote in message
Hi,

There is a rumour, but I'm not sure whether it is true, if I have 2

clematis
plants, one red and one purple, and if they get cross pollenated, next

year
my clematis plant will be a different colour. Is this true?

Alex