Old 08-05-2003, 03:08 AM
montana

Default Cheap source for compost in Vancouver?

In article , jhultman
wrote:

Katherine wrote:

I am a member of a non-profit gardening club and we were hoping to
find a source for cheap compost in Vancouver, BC area. Can anyone
help us?

Thanks very much,
Katherine

Vancouver collects yard waste from residents but doesn't offer
it back as compost like some cities do in the area I live.
http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/engs...yard/index.htm

Might want to try to talk the city into returning, in compost, some of what is
given them. I bet they're selling the composted yard waste.

Here's a comparison
http://www.ci.sunnyvale.ca.us/recycle/smart-yard.htm

Otherwise the only suggestion I can offer would be to start that compost heap.

Jeff

I'm not in your area, but our city collects yard waste and, along with
several other cities, composts their take in one spot. Each of the
cities offers this compost inexpensively one day a year, but if you find
out where the main composting is done, you can drive over there and buy
it inexpensively any time. You have to bring your own containers.
Perhaps there is some place similar near you.