Old 08-05-2003, 06:44 AM
Theo

Default [IBC] Help :A monster in my maple

HI Jim

Jim Lewis wrote:

It is about Pine borer so if my maple has two holes it means

that had larves since
1 or 2 years or more..as adults left form the holes
I) am scared for my pine as it was aside the maple 2 nights
see this:
http://www.bugspray.com/article/pinebark.html

Relax, Theo. A PINE borer wouldn't be caught dead in a maple.
Declasse'!

Thanks for making me feel better

However, you DO need to learn to read the label on the pesticides
you use (and not to drink out of unwashed glasses that last held
a pesticide. The damage to you (if any) may not be immediate.
It could even be genetic -- to any progeny you might have at some
future date.

I see , but I am over the age and idea to have kids anymore

What I'm saying is BE A BIT MORE CAREFUL WITH THE POISONS YOU
HANDLE!

I normally am and the glass was supposed to be washed but as usual I have someoen
han^ging around
so as I need a little sip of water for a medicament I took that glass that had
allready been washed a little but when I took the sip I felt the smell of the oily
product but it was too late

The pesticide label tells you what critters it attacks, what
plants it can be used on (and which ones it cannot be used on).

I know is an external but had anything else at hand
I am calling the Botanic school and ask them
as I cut a root yesterday and the cut was clean I washed it very well and made a
grafting with a new twig and put in akadama The twig is in between the bark and the
wood has been sliced one side and I fastened with synthetic raffia and put
sealing wax around.. will see if it works
as the main maple has some unecessary new branches I'll make some
airlayering soon
thanks again
Theo

Jim Lewis - Tallahassee, FL

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

--
How can You put trust in me if I do not trust in Me?
Theo