Old 08-05-2003, 10:44 AM
xtinexoop

Default Decking and turfing - help! have they done it right?

"gastropod" wrote in message ...
The deck should not have split, it seams the wood is cheap and thin. The
lawn should be consistently firm or soft otherwise it will sink. This
though maybe because there is too much water under the turf. Try not
watering it for a while. There should be plenty of water under the surface
by now.
Neil
www.conceptgardens.com

Is it possible to 'overwater' turf... we really aren't sure how much
water we should be giving it...

Most of it seems green and the edges haven't lifted except for three
strips near the fence which the contractor didn't 'tamp down' with his
board... I guess that hasn't taken... the are not as green and gaps
are appearing between them....

Christine