Old 08-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Nedra

Default Picture Update

This is the 3rd year I haven't divided my lotuses They seem
to be cropping up all over the pond. My lotus pond is 2 feet
deep with one foot of builders sand put back in. Seems like
the lotus jump their pots and then spread all over the pond.
So, to answer your question.... I wouldn't think that water depth
would hinder the lotus from expanding. It may take them a little
longer to get going though. They are quite invasive. My pond guy came over
on Monday
to fertilize... said my pond looked very good. Apparently the
cold rains we have had is what held the lotus back. I don't have
a drain in the ponds.... unfortunately

BTW, I use my lotus pond as a hospital ... the sicky fish either
make it or they don't. Most do make it fine. I have alot of frogs
in this pond. They hang out on top of the lotus leaves.

Good Luck with your project!

Nedra

"Critical Popperian" wrote in message
om...
Great site!! I enjoyed all your hard work. I did miss not seeing
your lotus however. The Mrs. Perry D Slocum. (My second link goes to

my
lotus pond .. Missouri type ;-)

BTW... my MPDS looked like it survived the hail storm. 4 new leave
stems have been emerging. And on another lilly I see the first flower
bud!

By the way Nedra... have any idea if water depth can block lotus
expansion?

I.e., a 3' deep section in a pond will block it from spreading through
there right?