Old 08-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Critical Popperian

Default Picture Update

It's been awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd post some new
pictures of our pond.

The new pics start he
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page12.htm

From the beggining:

The new pics start he
http://www.popperian.com/pond/index.htm

We are about to tear the big pond down to install a 4" drain and do
frame work for the pond, so I thought I'd post these for memories
Old 08-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Nedra

Great site!! I enjoyed all your hard work. I did miss not seeing
your lotus however. The Mrs. Perry D Slocum. (My second link goes to my
lotus pond .. Missouri type ;-)

Your fish are beautiful.

Good Luck with all your projects....
Nedra

"Critical Popperian" wrote in message
om...
It's been awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd post some new
pictures of our pond.

The new pics start he
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page12.htm

From the beggining:

Old 08-05-2003, 04:08 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Excellent job Man. You are committed! All that digging by hand, by
yourself.

Turned out great, and will be marvelous when all the plants grow in even
more!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Critical Popperian" wrote in message
om...
It's been awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd post some new
pictures of our pond.

The new pics start he
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page12.htm

From the beggining:

Old 08-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Critical Popperian

Great site!! I enjoyed all your hard work. I did miss not seeing
your lotus however. The Mrs. Perry D Slocum. (My second link goes to my
lotus pond .. Missouri type ;-)

WOW! Your lotus are BEAUTIFUL!

I especially like the pictures next to the monitor so you can see how
big the blooms are.

I'm only tearing down the big square pond (not really on-doing, just
draining, taking non-mortared rock off, and adding a bottom drain).

I introduced some new fish and one of them got fungus, I felt horrible
for the guy. So I decided "all veggie" wasn't good enough without a
really well designed bottom drain (and use main koi pond as a huge
settling tank) to keep the fishies happy.

We'll be moving them up to the top pond and bypassing bottom pond this
week.

Now the fun begins.... catching the fish... LAUGH!
Old 08-05-2003, 05:56 AM
Critical Popperian

Great site!! I enjoyed all your hard work. I did miss not seeing
your lotus however. The Mrs. Perry D Slocum. (My second link goes to my
lotus pond .. Missouri type ;-)

BTW... my MPDS looked like it survived the hail storm. 4 new leave
stems have been emerging. And on another lilly I see the first flower
bud!

By the way Nedra... have any idea if water depth can block lotus
expansion?

I.e., a 3' deep section in a pond will block it from spreading through
there right?

Old 08-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Nedra

This is the 3rd year I haven't divided my lotuses They seem
to be cropping up all over the pond. My lotus pond is 2 feet
deep with one foot of builders sand put back in. Seems like
the lotus jump their pots and then spread all over the pond.
So, to answer your question.... I wouldn't think that water depth
would hinder the lotus from expanding. It may take them a little
longer to get going though. They are quite invasive. My pond guy came over
on Monday
to fertilize... said my pond looked very good. Apparently the
cold rains we have had is what held the lotus back. I don't have
a drain in the ponds.... unfortunately

BTW, I use my lotus pond as a hospital ... the sicky fish either
make it or they don't. Most do make it fine. I have alot of frogs
in this pond. They hang out on top of the lotus leaves.

Good Luck with your project!

Old 08-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Nedra wrote:
[...]

Very glad to see you posting this morning. I just read in
the paper that there was a tornado close to your location.
Keep safe.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 08-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Nedra

Thanks Bonnie! Yes, that darned tornado slammed into
my hometown De Soto ... 25 miles south. No one hurt
except lots of huge ole trees are down ... and according
to my g. friends alot of the ancient buildings are damaged.
I was going to go down and check
things out but we have another one coming in ... don't want to be
on the road in the middle of a tornado...
Nedra

Old 08-05-2003, 02:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

I like your fishies! Don't let the "elitists" ruin your feelings for one of
the "kids". I have fish that are pure and unadulterated pond mutts; I also
have a fish for which I paid in excess of $400, and several others (all of
these are Japanese tosai, first year fish "with promise") that ran just a
few $$ less than that, just because they stole my heart. But I don't ask
questions regarding anyone ELSE's opinion regarding them, because the only
opinion that really counts is MINE. I think they're BEA-U-TIFUL . . . so
*there*! If the truth be told, I think the mutts are stronger/healthier than
the fancy imports, anyway. If you like him, that's all that counts.

Lee

"Critical Popperian" wrote in message
om...
It's been awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd post some new
pictures of our pond.

The new pics start he
http://www.popperian.com/pond/page12.htm

From the beggining: