Old 08-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Bob

Default Sasa Must Go!!!

Apologies to Sacha if the message line caused you to double-take!

Having seen the distance from the original plants that new shoots have
appeared, I have decided that my two Sasa palmata bamboos must go.
Not just for my benefit, because I'm sure the neighbour's wouldn't
appreciate bamboo sprouting up in their lawn next year either!

I did think of sticking it in a buried pot, but I'm sure it will
escape anyway.

So, bamboo experts, does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement?
It would need to be low growing (3ft max - I already have some taller
bamboos) and clump forming, rather than the vigorous rampaging thugs I
have now!

Bob