Old 08-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Tsu Dho Nimh

Default Where's my asparagus?

"Betsy" -0 wrote:

I bought a bundle of roots from Southern States & planted them several weeks
ago.

How did you plant them? I remember deep tranches and lots of
well-aged manure being placed in the trenches, and the roots
being covered with a bit of soil. Then you slowly filled the
trench as the young plants grow.

I haven't seen a single spear, stalk, fern, whatever in all this time.
How long does it take?

Should I dig up that bed & replant?

Dig up ONE and see what is going on. They might have been slow
to start, excessive watering might have rotted them, or maybe the
roots were dead when you got them.

If you filled the trench before they sprouted, they might have
died trying to reach the surface.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both