Old 08-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Filter

Priss, you're very lucky! When I had that type of filter in my 100 gallon
pond, cleaning it was a *daily* occurence! I got tired of coming home from
work every day, getting down on my belly, reaching into the water up to my
armpits and getting it out. Then, when I did get my fingers hooked on it, it
would drain all the gunk back in the pond when I tried to get it out of the
pond! I rapidly replaced it . . .

Perhaps if you try cleaning it more often, you would get the stuff washed
off, allowing it to gather more (more) efficiently? I have pre-filters I
clean daily, sometimes 2X a day, to keep suspended algae under control . . .
and *that's* with a UV, too!

Lee

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
Does anyone have a site or idea on how I can make a filter that is in the
bottom of my pond using the pump I now have? My water is not clearing up
even with the veggie filter I just made. Its still is green. :-(
This is the only other filter I have.
http://priss31.tripod.com/filter.html

Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html