Old 08-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Default Filter

Does anyone have a site or idea on how I can make a filter that is in the
bottom of my pond using the pump I now have? My water is not clearing up
even with the veggie filter I just made. Its still is green. :-(
This is the only other filter I have.
http://priss31.tripod.com/filter.html

Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

Old 08-05-2003, 12:44 AM
John Rutz

Priscilla McCullough wrote:
Does anyone have a site or idea on how I can make a filter that is in the
bottom of my pond using the pump I now have? My water is not clearing up
even with the veggie filter I just made. Its still is green. :-(
This is the only other filter I have.
http://priss31.tripod.com/filter.html

Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

-- relax give it time it takes a bit to get rid of the green water, the
plants have to adapt then things should get better

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 08-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Lee Brouillet

Priss, you're very lucky! When I had that type of filter in my 100 gallon
pond, cleaning it was a *daily* occurence! I got tired of coming home from
work every day, getting down on my belly, reaching into the water up to my
armpits and getting it out. Then, when I did get my fingers hooked on it, it
would drain all the gunk back in the pond when I tried to get it out of the
pond! I rapidly replaced it . . .

Perhaps if you try cleaning it more often, you would get the stuff washed
off, allowing it to gather more (more) efficiently? I have pre-filters I
clean daily, sometimes 2X a day, to keep suspended algae under control . . .
and *that's* with a UV, too!

Lee

Old 08-05-2003, 02:56 PM

http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p...re.html#BUCKET
except use a 5 gallon bucket
DO NOT use gravel, use polyester batting wrapped around the pump with a bunch of
netting OR furnace filter on top to get the gross stuff. put a rope and a fishing
bobber on it so when you want to drag it up it is easy to snag. then let the pump
empty the water out of the bucket and it should come up easily for cleaning.
Ingrid