Old 08-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Theo

Default [IBC] Help :A monster in my maple

Nina Shishkoff wrote:

To be honest, Theo, I'm surprised you've lived this long.

You do not know everything
If I did not get poisoned with plants seeds ( I was eating them) since kid is a
miracle ..not mentioning mercury
from thermometer still have 100 ounces that I do not know what to do

My hair would go completely white if I tried to list all the things
you're doing wrong. The best summary is: READ THE LABEL. You can
only use a product the way it is intended to be used: if it's
supposed to be sprayed, you spray it. If it is for use on pine
borers, you can't use it on maple borers. If it says you should wear
gloves when applying it, you do. And so on.

Yes I always read labels.. if it say not to inhale the spry I do not but air
threads changes sometimes so
quickly ..so some I get I was my hands and face I use mayby once per year since

10 years and I have no allergies anyway ( beside of crab meat that I cannot eat
.... sob!)
so if the product is not dagerous on tender sprouts or just before they come out
cannot be for the bark or for a wound( normally) cannot eat fruits if previously
given before 3 weeks so is not dangerous for fruits also ..
The one for borers is more dangerous as says that the empty bottles have be
given back to
drugstore or chemical dept for toxic products .. so will be more careful in giving
it

I normally am and the glass was supposed to be washed

[My hair actually does go white] Even in Switzerland, I am sure you
are not allowed to mix pesticides in a drinking glass.

I have no controls at home.. no kids ( grown up)only a wife :-) always there when
not needed and never there when needed!

You use a
container that you are REQUIRED to have marked "DANGER: CONTAINS
PESTICIDES". When you are done, you triple-rinse the container and
throw it away.

Right !! but if nobody sees ......
I do not deal with large quantities anyway a quarter of liter for my plants no
more as I have not a garden
these Veralin D and cupper sulphate are said on the notice can be mixed and I
have already previously done severals time as adviced , normally I put inside a
plastick vapo bottle the quantity I need and throw away the leftover and rinse
well, teh bottle is for vapo pbonsais anyway
In this pareticular case I needed a glass to to be able to fill 1-2 cc in a
syringe this is why I used a glass

I agree that I have a tendency to make mad mix sometimes..and that it can be
dangerous as I am not a chemist
when kid I was mixing my father's chemicals in a dish and put fire .. sometimes
was quite stinking and smoky

Nina, who is actually studying for her Maryland Pesticide
Applicator's license, and finds Theo much more useful than those
silly study questions at the end of each chapter.

well it is said that there is an Angel caring for irresponsibles ( like me )
LOL!
have a bright day Nina
Theo

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++