Old 08-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Vanis

Default Ants

Thanks for the tip Eric. I'll give it a try.

"Eric" wrote in message
In article , Vanis wrote:
Hi,

I've read that they're not harmful to a garden, but they tend aphids.
They've invaded one of my 4x4 boxes (contains zucchini, strawberry,

pepper,
swish chard plants). Any ideas on how I can get rid of them without

harming
my plants?

I have kept ants under control using Cedar-cide, which is 100% cedar

chips.
It also seems to keep away most other bugs as well. I just sprinkle it
around my garden and between rows every couple weeks. It doesn't seem to
have any negative effects. BTW, they also sell a spray bottle of a
cedar solution, however the big bags of cedar chips is much more cost
effective.

Good luck,
Eric