Old 09-05-2003, 02:20 AM
ncstockguy

Default moving asparagus

OK I moved 'em. Thanks for the advice. They are now in a much
sunnier place. Hoping they shoot up some great big asparagus stalks,
maybe next year. Fresh asparagus..mmmm hmmm.

"Cheryl Andrassy" wrote in message .com...
it should be ok to move the roots.

make sure you dig up all the roots if you cut some it will be ok the more
roots the better. you may lose some growth but they should regrow
"ncstockguy" wrote in message
om...
It's been three years now and my asparagus is still tiny. It
obviously is in a bad location, probably way too much shade. Can I
move it now? Is it likely to survive? If not now, what is the best
time to dig the roots and transplant. The shoots on these plants are
only about one foot tall with stalks about like grass stems.