Old 09-05-2003, 05:08 AM

Default overgrown grass with seeds

"Maria" wrote:
Hello:
I recently seeded few bare patches in my lawn. Since the seeds were
germinating I did not mow the rest of the lawn to try & avoid damage to
the germinating grass.

Now, I find that the rest of the lawn is really overgrown & most of the
orignial grass in now sprouting seeds. I did not know whether this would
be helpful or harmful to my existing lawn.

My question is, if seeds are allowed to form on grass will they be a
direct source of additional seeds for my lawn or is allowing grass to
sprout seeds detrimental to the lawn in any way.

TIA
Maria

You'll likely tear it all up now,Maria,but you -must- cut it.

The seed on top is your enemy,cuz it's annual grass.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/