Old 09-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Jimmy Bundrick

Default grub control - spring and summer treatment needed?

Another note for you. 3-5 grubs per sq.ft. translates to 12,000 grubs in a
4000 sq.ft. lawn sounds like too much to me.

wrote in message
"Jimmy Bundrick" wrote:
the only good grub is a dead grub in my opinion

wrote in message
"Jimmy Bundrick" wrote:
For most problems 2-3 apps are needed to control certain insects

such
as grubs.

Not really. You don't have to kill every grub. 3-5 grubs per sq ft
won't do enough damage to worry about. One dose of sevin will be
plenty, if it's watered in as soon as it's applied.

Another good insecticide to us for grub control is Talstar PL
Granules. This is a restricted use insecticide, so you will have to
have a lawn care company apply it.

I'd use Dylox, if it was my customer.

Well,we don't want to kill earth worms,or dogs. We must be careful.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/