Old 09-05-2003, 05:44 AM
Shiva

Default which Felco would you recommend?

JAC wrote:

I want to get a Felco for my wife for Mother's day.

How old are your roses and how many do you have? If they are over 4 years
old, you have more than 40, and you are in Zone 7 or up, your wife will
not want to use the regular small felcos if she hard prunes (i.e. thicker
canes).

I use #8 felcos, but most of the cutting I do is for the vase. I rarely
hard prune. When I do, I use the long handled "loppers." Since small felco
pruners begin at about $50, my loppers are another brand.