Old 09-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Reese Edwards

Default stone wall help needed..

Charles Lanier ) wrote:
: Luck Stone on US1 usually has free classes dealing with dry stack walls.
: Tomatolord's advice was right on the money. You might want to invest in a
: rock hammer to help even out the uneven edges and a large level 8'm or so to
: make sure you aren't sloping you seams up or down.
: Some types of stone are easier to work with and have smoother edges than
: others.
: I also built walls that got over 2 feet high and needed to order several
: yards of topsoil to backfill.
: However 50' of wall will take a lot of time so you may want to do a little
: bit each night. From personal experience I discovered that after about 4 - 5
: hours of wall I tended to get less critical of my joints.
:

That's because those joints were aching so much