Old 09-05-2003, 06:44 PM
kate

Default To hoe or not to hoe...is this a weed or a flower?

Daisy fleabane. I am blessed with an abundance also.

DavesVideo wrote:

jammer said:

More important might be if you like the plant or not. I have a gorgeous weed

in a flower pot in the back yard.

Yes, it’s only a weed if you decide that it is. My lawn had a couple patches
of what looks like a miniature daisy (flowers smaller than a dime and liking
partial shade. I began mowing around the patches and this year not only are the
patches bigger, they have popped up everywhere. With any luck, in the next few
years my lawn will be replaced by a meadow. So, if I wanted a lawn, these
“daisys” would be weeds but since I prefer a meadow, they are wild
flowers.“
Any guesses as to what the "flowers” might be? Center is yellow like a daisy,
petals white to lilac in color, multiple flowers on stems about 15” high.
Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave