Old 09-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Just bought a wounded Koi

Theo! I don't know if the PECTORAL fin will grow back or not. If the fish
has adjusted to its loss (and from your description, it has!), then it will
do just fine (and you've adopted a "special needs" fishie!). I have a
3-legged dog, you can have a 1 finned fish! And if the fin does grow back,
it's a bonus (unfortunately, Katie's leg won't do that . . .). The second
photo is pretty cool! You must be very adept at taking photos one-handed!

Lee

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
And before you go "you dork, you should have watched it more carefully",

I knew he/she was damaged.

One of the "chest fins" (oh oh, there goes my reputation of actually

knowing
anything about these critters) has been torn off.

Not a good picture, but it gives you an idea:

http://www.wide-o.net/various/wounded.jpg

I got the fish for 30 % of the normal price, after the salesguy refused to
sell it to me. I asked him if the fin would grow back and he replied
"yeah, but probably not for the 100 %". So I still bought it, coz I liked
it.

Now I know regeneration is quite amazing... the fish swims happily, fast,
straight, it has really nice colors etc...

Did I make a mistake, or will the fin indeed grow back more or less ?

BTW, these other ones don't seem to be damaged ;-)

http://www.wide-o.net/various/close.jpg

Yeah, should clean my nails !

Theo