Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

Default Swimming pool liner? (or alt. liners)

On Fri, 09 May 2003 11:12:31 -0500, Bryan wrote:

Well, almost got my new hole dug, approx 19'*9' kidney shape, and
plan on having a 55 gal drum for a filter start of my stream.

Anyway I dug my hole, not pricing liners, and at the current finical
situation I can't afford $300+ for a "pond" liner

I got the idea of using a swimming pool liner, called one store in
town and said you
re welcome to anything in our dumpster, haven't found one yet, but
hope to soon. I called another and was told I don't want a swimming
pool liner if I'm going to have fish because the liner would be
toxic to the fish. Is this so?

I used a new but cast-off pool liner for the first two years in my
first pond. It didn't harm fish but it was butt-ugly! It also
deteriorated by the second year.

If so any other ideas, for at least
temp. liner for the summer, I've got too many lilies divided from
last year for my current pond so I need bigger soon.

Tarp, 6mil plastic in layers? maybe concrete?

I do plan on eventually getting a pond liner or concrete as my final
liner, but it won't be this year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Bryan