Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
mad

Default Enlighten me please....

the way i understand it is that you take the scrubbies out of the pond (a
friend keeps his in a net bag so he can handle them easily) and just squirts
them off with the water hose.
mad
--
"Never kick a cow chip on a hot day."
Will Rogers

From: "BenignVanilla" m
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 12:15:38 -0400
Subject: Enlighten me please....

"Szpond" wrote in message
Thank you so much for your help. But, if I clean my bio-filter, don't I

loose
all my "bugs"? It took me HOURS to clean all those little scrubby pads

last
year. Store wanted $125 for new ones, so I spent the hours doing it.

Perhaps
I should put something in the bio-filter that is easier to clean? I will

do a
water change now.

I use a VF not a biofilter, but I think what the biofilter people are saying
is that you should get ridge of the sludge. Don't scrub each bio ball cleanm
just mix up the contents, get rid of any solids, etc.

BV.