Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Just bought a wounded Koi

If it's been completely ripped off meaning there's not even a nub there then
it wont grow back. If there's a nub that can be moved it'll grow back.

Sam

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
And before you go "you dork, you should have watched it more carefully",

I knew he/she was damaged.

One of the "chest fins" (oh oh, there goes my reputation of actually

knowing
anything about these critters) has been torn off.

Not a good picture, but it gives you an idea:

http://www.wide-o.net/various/wounded.jpg

I got the fish for 30 % of the normal price, after the salesguy refused to
sell it to me. I asked him if the fin would grow back and he replied
"yeah, but probably not for the 100 %". So I still bought it, coz I liked
it.

Now I know regeneration is quite amazing... the fish swims happily, fast,
straight, it has really nice colors etc...

Did I make a mistake, or will the fin indeed grow back more or less ?

BTW, these other ones don't seem to be damaged ;-)

http://www.wide-o.net/various/close.jpg

Yeah, should clean my nails !

Theo